Christine P. Schiltz
CHRISTINE P. SCHILTZ joined Parkowski, Guerke & Swayze as a Director in June 2003, bringing with her a practice concentrated in the areas of insurance and banking law, health care and government relations and regulatory representation. Ms. Schiltz has represented a variety of clients before the Delaware General Assembly and Delaware administrative agencies. In the past three years, representative clients include, Christiana Care Corporation, The DuPont Company, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Progressive Insurance, AT&T, America's Health Insurance Plans, AAA Mid-Atlantic, PNC Bank and Bluewater Wind, LLC.
Ms. Schiltz also practices in the areas of corporate law and the representation of business entities. She routinely advises clients on issues involving Delaware corporate law and Delaware alternate business entities, including Delaware investment holding companies.
A former judicial clerk to the current Chief Justice, Myron T. Steele, Ms. Schiltz is a member of the American Bar Association's Business Law and Tort and Insurance Practice Sections. She is also a member of the Delaware State Bar Association, having served on its Executive Committee, and was formerly a member of the Terry-Carey Inn of the American Inns of Court. She also serves on the Bench-Bar Media Conference. She is admitted to practice in Delaware.
Ms. Schiltz is a 1993 graduate of the University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law. She received her B.A. from Wake Forest University in 1990.
Ms. Schiltz serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce. She also is a member of the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce's Health Care Committee and is a graduate of Leadership Delaware. Ms. Schiltz serves as Vice President of the Board of Trustees of Westminster Presbyterian Church and was formerly a member of the Board of Stewards of the Friends of Wilmington Parks. . Ms. Schiltz has recently been appointed by the Delaware Insurance Commissioner to serve on the Workers' Compensation Data Collection Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance and Banking Law
- Health Care and Government Relations
- Regulatory Representation
- Corporate Law
- Delaware, 1993
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 1993
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
- B.A. - 1990
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "State-Owned Banks - The Future of Banking or a Relic of The Past?," , Delaware Banker, Vol. 9, No. 2, Spring, 2013
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "The Unbanked Consumer and the Future of the Banking Industry (Is Regulation Adding to Their Ranks"), Delaware Banker, Vol. 8, No. 1, Winter, 2012
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "The Dodd-Frank Reform Bill - Will It Work?", Delaware Banker, Vol. 6, No. 4, Fall, 2010
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "A Roll of the Dice? A Look Back at TARP One Year Later", Delaware Banker, Vol. 5, No. 4, Fall, 2009
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "The Troubled Asset Relief Program, Observations from a Bank Regulatory Perspective on the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008", Delaware Banker, Vol. 4, No. 4, Fall, 2008
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "The Alternative Bank Franchise Tax as an Economic Development Tool", Delaware Banker, Vol. 2, No. 4, Fall, 2006
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "The Evolution of Delaware Banking", Delaware Banker, Vol. 1, No. 4, Fall, 2005
- David S. Swayze and Christine P. Schiltz, "The Delaware Lawyer as Lobbyist", Delaware Lawyer, pp. 18-21, Fall, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, (Business Law, Tort & Insurance Practice Sections)
- New Castle County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, Member, Health Care Committee
- Delaware State Bar Association, Executive Committee, 2004 - 2006
- Leadership Delaware Graduate
- Office of the Child Advocate, State of Delaware, (Guardian Ad Litem)
- Terry-Carey Inn of the American Inns of Court