Keith H. Ellis
KEITH H. ELLIS joined Parkowski, Guerke & Swayze in 2014 as a Partner, concentrating his practice in the areas of banking, trusts, consumer lending, internet-based lending, contracts, purchase and sale transactions, government relations, regulatory compliance, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Ellis served as the Delaware State Bank Commissioner under two governors, the Honorable Mike Castle and the Honorable Thomas Carper (U.S. Senator, D-DE). During that period Mr. Ellis served as the Chairman of the Expenditures Committee of the Delaware Financial Advisory Committee, which advises the Executive and Legislative branches on matters relating to state budget and revenue matters. Mr. Ellis has served as minority counsel to the Banking Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives and as Chief Lobbyist and Legislative Counsel to the Conference of State Bank Supervisors. Mr. Ellis has also served as the general counsel and head of compliance of two financial institutions.
Mr. Ellis is a co-author of Banking Law in the United States (1st and 2nd editions), Alfred M. Pollard, Keith H. Ellis, and Joseph P. Daly; Butterworth Legal Publishers, Salem, NH, 1992. He has lectured on matters relating to financial institutions and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Ellis graduated from the George Washington University in 1973, received his J.D. from The American University, Washington College of Law in 1976, and is admitted to practice in Delaware and the District of Columbia.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Consumer and Internet-based Lending
- Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Government Relations
- District of Columbia, 1976
- Delaware, 1993
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1976
- George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1973
- Banking Law in the United States (1st and 2nd editions), Alfred M. Pollard, Keith H. Ellis, and Joseph P. Daly; Butterworth Legal Publishers, Salem, NH, 1992.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Delaware State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association